Ignominious Sentence Examples
- Domitian attacked him but was compelled to make an ignominious peace.
- The expedition was an ignominious failure, and many burghers did not hesitate to assign their non-success to the fact that Burgers’s views on religious questions were not sound.
Can a person be ignominious?
Ignominy is a noun meaning great public shame, disgrace, or embarrassment, or a situation or event that causes this. The shame can be major or minor: someone can suffer the ignominy of defeat or the ignominies of old age.
How do you use ignominy?
How to use ignominy in a sentence. Her cousin had only forced a solemn promise from her with the intention of covering her own ignominy. He had to hold himself from the ignominy of flight; he rose to cut his way out, making an effort to strike with precision. How do you use manifest in a sentence?
Manifest sentence example
- My little pupil continues to manifest the same eagerness to learn as at first. …
- She continues to manifest the same eagerness to learn as at first. …
- A general decline in culture is manifest in the Balinese. …
- The ways of God are past finding out! …
- The Son alone can manifest Him fully.
What malignity means?
malice, malevolence, ill will, spite, malignity, spleen, grudge mean the desire to see another experience pain, injury, or distress. malice implies a deep-seated often unexplainable desire to see another suffer. What is a ignominious person?
ignominious • ig-nuh-MIN-ee-us • adjective. 1 : marked with or characterized by disgrace or shame : dishonorable 2 : deserving of shame or infamy : despicable 3 : humiliating, degrading.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What does ignominious mean in the Bible?
1 : deep personal humiliation and disgrace. 2 : disgraceful or dishonorable conduct, quality, or action.
How do you say the word ignominy?
What is an ignominious death?
An ignominious death means a very shameful, reproachful, dishonorable death. According to KnowWhy: See Alma 1:15: And it came to pass that they took him; and his name was Nehor; and they carried him upon the top of the hill Manti . . . and there he suffered an ignominious death.”
What is an ignoramus person?
: a person who does not know much : an ignorant or stupid person. See the full definition for ignoramus in the English Language Learners Dictionary. ignoramus. noun.
Is ignominiously a adverb?
How do you use haughty in a sentence?
Haughty sentence example
- There was a soft note in the haughty woman’s voice. …
- They described the natives as very proud and haughty . …
- He was cold, haughty , melancholy and dull. …
- It was, however, due to his haughty and violent temper that the traditional friendly relations between Turkey and France were broken.
How do you use Transcend in a sentence?
Examples of transcend in a Sentence music that transcends cultural boundaries She was able to transcend her own suffering and help others.Her concerns transcended local issues.
How do you use visage in a sentence?
Visage sentence example
- When the candle was lit, the visage of the person holding it was visible again. …
- John could not stop gazing at his wife’s elegant visage . …
- She didn’t doubt the impact of her battered visage on any man, especially A’Ran.
What does manifest someone mean?
Essentially, manifestation is bringing something tangible into your life through attraction and belief, i.e. if you think it, and it will come. … via your thoughts, actions, beliefs, and emotions.
How do you write a manifestation list?
How to write a manifestation list in 9 steps:
- Get a notepad or journal. First, you need somewhere to write your manifestations. …
- Prepare to write. …
- Visualize what you want to manifest. …
- Write down your vision in detail. …
- Be clear and specific. …
- Write in the present tense. …
- Stay positive. …
- Be confident.
What does it mean to make manifest?
: to make evident or certain by showing or displaying. manifest. noun.
Is reprobate a bad word?
morally depraved; unprincipled; bad.
What is imprudence?
: not prudent : lacking discretion, wisdom, or good judgment an imprudent investor.
What is malignity in the Bible?
malignity – wishing evil to others. malevolence. hate, hatred – the emotion of intense dislike; a feeling of dislike so strong that it demands action. maleficence – doing or causing evil. malice, maliciousness, spite, spitefulness, venom – feeling a need to see others suffer.
What is a enigma person?
1 : something hard to understand or explain. 2 : an inscrutable or mysterious person.
What does it mean when something is unparalleled?
: having no parallel especially : having no equal or match : unique in kind or quality. Synonyms Example Sentences Learn More About unparalleled.
What is the Talebearer?
: one that spreads gossip or rumors also : tattletale.
What is the synonym and antonym of ignominy?
ignominy. Antonyms: credit, reputation, honor, distinction, glory, lustre, renown. Synonyms: disgrace, reprobation, shame, reproach, contempt, dishonor, infamy, obloquy.
How do you speak ignoramus?
How do you speak isthmus?
Graduated from ENSAT (national agronomic school of Toulouse) in plant sciences in 2018, I pursued a CIFRE doctorate under contract with Sun’Agri and INRAE in Avignon between 2019 and 2022. My thesis aimed to study dynamic agrivoltaic systems, in my case in arboriculture. I love to write and share science related Stuff Here on my Website. I am currently continuing at Sun’Agri as an R&D engineer.