verb (used with object), i·de·ol·o·gized, i·de·ol·o·giz·ing. to explain or express ideologically: to ideologize a political opinion. What is a Gise?
Filters. To feed or pasture. 2. 3. (obsolete) Guise; manner.
What does Ideologizing mean?
transitive verb. : to give an ideological character or interpretation to especially : to change or interpret in relation to a sociopolitical ideology often seen as biased or limited. What does debutante mean?
: one making a debut (see debut entry 1) : debutant especially : a young woman making her formal entrance into society.
Is guised a real word?
verb (used with object), guised, guis·ing. to dress; attire: children guised as cowboys. How do you use guise?
Guise in a Sentence
- Under the guise of a police officer, the crook walked into the bank and easily robbed the tellers.
- A fresh coat of paint will give our old house the guise of being brand new.
- Today, many surveillance cameras are made in the guise of regular household objects so they will not be noticed.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is an example of Guise?
The definition of a guise is an outward appearance presented to the world that may not be true or accurate. When you go into the kitchen and claim you are there to help, but you are really in the kitchen to steal a cookie, this is an example of a situation where you go to the kitchen under the guise of wanting to help.
Is disguise and guise same?
Both involve the art of deception: it’s the methods that differ. Guise is about trying on new attitudes and mannerisms, such as speaking and acting in the guise of a native in a place where you are actually a tourist. Disguise involves hiding your real identity, disappearing in the new role.
Can anyone be a debutante?
Though not all debutante balls are exclusive as they once were, not just anyone can attend a debutante ball. If you want your daughter to get an invitation to one of these, you will need to pay a significant fee and show some social or familial connections. Prove your family lineage.
What’s a male debutante?
debutant (plural debutants) A person (especially a male) who débuts, or appears for the first time.
What is a male debutant called?
Is Guize a scrabble word?
No, guize is not in the scrabble dictionary.
How do you spell your guises?
Word forms: guises You use guise to refer to the outward appearance or form of someone or something, which is often temporary or different from their real nature. He turned up at an Easter party in the guise of a white rabbit.
Is Guyses a word?
(colloquial) Alternative spelling of possessive of guys. (slang) Alternative spelling of guys; plural of guy.
Was the guise Family Catholic?
house of Guise, Noble French Roman Catholic family that played a major role in French politics during the Reformation. Claude de Lorraine (1496–1550) was created the 1st duke de Guise in 1527 for his service to Francis I in the defense of France.
What is the sentence of Guise?
1) They operated a drug-smuggling business under the guise of an employment agency. 2) The men who arrived in the guise of drug dealers were actually undercover police officers. 3) It’s the same ideas in a different guise. 4) His speech presented racist ideas under the guise of nationalism.
What is the opposite of Guise?
guise. Antonyms: character, person, individual, sentiment, disposition, opinion, life, mind, soul, self. Synonyms: aspect, garb, semblance, plea, demeanor, dress, appearance, fashion, mien, manner.
How do you use deploy in a sentence?
Examples of deploy in a Sentence The troops were deployed for battle.They plan to deploy more American soldiers over the next six months.Two scientists were deployed to study the problem. Both campaigns are deploying volunteers to the cities to encourage people to vote.
How do you use adulterate in a sentence?
Adulterate sentence example
- To avoid giving toddlers too much sugar, adulterate their juice with water. …
- I will not adulterate my schedule by filling it with unimportant tasks. …
- To lower the concentration of the chemical solution, adulterate it with distilled water.
How do you use gibe in a sentence?
Gibe sentence example
- The Thracian spearmen, who were watching him from the door, began to gibe at his cowardice. …
- He always adds the little gibe about the fact that I own a tobacconist’s in Swansea. …
- He always adds the little gibe about the fact that I own a tobacconist ‘s in Swansea.
Is disguise the opposite of Guise?
Guise is a noun meaning appearance, eapecially assumed appearance. It is related to wise meaning way, kind or type, as in lengthwise, edgewise. Disguise is primarily a verb which can also be used as a noun.
Is guise a Scrabble word?
Yes, guise is in the scrabble dictionary.
What part of speech is guise?
verb (used without object), guised, guis·ing.
Graduated from ENSAT (national agronomic school of Toulouse) in plant sciences in 2018, I pursued a CIFRE doctorate under contract with Sun’Agri and INRAE in Avignon between 2019 and 2022. My thesis aimed to study dynamic agrivoltaic systems, in my case in arboriculture. I love to write and share science related Stuff Here on my Website. I am currently continuing at Sun’Agri as an R&D engineer.