Something being available by request means you can get it if you ask for it (eg extra toiletries in a hotel) On/At request is a bit unnatural and not really used..
How do you use request in a sentence?
1) The writer’s name was withheld by request . 2) There were no flowers at the funeral, by request. 3) By request from the readers, we will give more pages to Letters From Readers. 4) The band are playing this song by request of the Queen.
How can I use by myself?
1 : without any help from other people I shoveled the driveway by myself. I want you to figure it out by yourself. 2 : with no one or nothing else : alone The grandmother still lives in the house by herself. He went to the store by himself.
What is the meaning of upon request?
upon request: when asked for, upon demand. idiom. Upon request is frequently used in professional contexts: Further information provided upon request. More information given when asked for.
What does requested by mean?
In response to being asked to do something. For example, The band is playing our favorite song by request. This usage replaced at request. [
How do you politely say request?
Here are some better phrases to make polite requests in English:
- Do you mind?.
- Would you mind?
- Could I?
- Would it be ok if?
- Would it be possible?
- Would you be willing to?
What is meaning by requesting?
the act of asking for something to be given or done, especially as a favor or courtesy; solicitation or petition:At his request, they left. an instance of this: There have been many requests for the product. a written statement of petition: If you need supplies, send in a request.
How do you write an email asking for something?
Consider the following steps for how to write an email requesting something:
- Organize your request. …
- Write an approachable subject line. …
- Begin with a formal salutation. …
- Express your request. …
- Include benefits for the recipient. …
- Conclude with a call to action. …
- Focus on the recipient. …
- Include additional documents.
How do you ask someone for something?
- In more formal situations. Excuse me . …
- Say hello. A hello and a smile go a long way! Say hello at the beginning of your request. …
- Remember please and thank you Please normally goes at the end of the sentence: …
- Say excuse me If you ask someone who is doing something else, remember to say excuse me:
Are by no means?
By-no-means meaning The definition of by no means is absolutely or definitely not. An example of by no means is how you might answer the question of whether you were late or not, if you were definitely on time. adverb.
What do you mean by oneself?
1 : a person’s self : one’s own self used reflexively as object of a preposition or verb or for emphasis in various constructions It is important to have good feelings about oneself. 2 : one’s normal, healthy, or sane condition or self the need to protect oneself from danger.
What does by themselves mean?
If people do something (all) by themselves, they do it alone or without help from anyone: The children set up the tent all by themselves. They were left by themselves. to themselves.
What does per someone’s request mean?
‘As per your request’ is commonly used in written (business) correspondence to give a formal answer to a previous inquiry that has been formulated and demanded by the sender of the message.
Where is upon used?
Upon is much more formal than on, but it can be used with the same meanings as the preposition on in the following cases: on/onto an object or surface: It fell upon the ground. supported by a part of your body: She fell down upon her knees. looking at something: She fixed her gaze upon me.
What is a synonym for upon?
Upon synonyms Beyond; on the other side. … In this page you can discover 32 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for upon, like: above, affixed to, superimposed, in, next-to, simultaneous, onto, consequent to, located at, beginning with and against.
What is request example?
Request is defined as the act of asking for something or something you asked for. An example of request is the song someone asked a band to play. noun.
What is another word for a formal request?
invoke, petition, plead (to), pray, supplicate.
What does requested mean on Instagram?
It’s easy to see message requests on Instagram if users you don’t follow send you a direct message. When users who you don’t follow send you direct messages, their messages will appear as message requests that you can accept or decline. … Message requests aren’t marked as seen unless you accept it.
How do you kindly ask for something?
Here are some tips on asking for favors:
- Be direct but polite. …
- Don’t make it sound bad. …
- Avoid guilt. …
- Don’t cross the line. …
- Show respect. …
- Avoid constant one-sided favors. …
- Be personal but straightforward. …
- Take No for an answer.
How do you formally ask for something?
We usually ask for something in a polite and indirect way, for example, using can, could, would you mind if and may: A: Can I have the salt?
How do you request something professionally?
- Lead with the ask. …
- Establish your credibility. …
- Make the way forward clear. …
- If you’re asking a question, propose a solution. …
- Be scannable. …
- Give them a deadline. …
- Write your subject lines like headlines. …
- Edit your messages ruthlessly.
Is it polite to say request?
A request, as opposed to a demand, is usually polite. The verb request, however, feels much stronger. I request that sounds like something a monarch or person in power would say.
What’s a formal request?
adjective [ADJECTIVE noun] A formal action, statement, or request is an official one.
How do you use request that?
request that She requested that no one be told of her decision until the next meeting. (British English also) She requested that no one should be told of her decision. + speech ‘Please come with me,’ he requested.
How do you politely ask for email?
8. Close the email politely and thoughtfully. When you close your email, you should thank the recipient for their time and assistance. They may be more inclined to respond if it’s clear that you respect their other obligations and expertise.
How do you politely ask for an email?
- Organise the letter clearly into: …
- Don’t go into too much personal detail when explaining the problem, as this is a formal situation with a person you don’t know well.
- To make polite requests use the phrase I would be grateful if you could
- Using nouns instead of verbs can make your writing sound more formal.
How do I make a request?
Making Requests in English
- Can you give me the book?
- Could you please take off your raincoat?
- Could you please take me to the dentist?
- Would you be kind enough to repair my computer?
- Do you think you could take me to the supermarket?
- Could I ask you to take me home?
- Can you tell me what happened?
Can I request you something meaning?
If you request something, you ask for it politely or formally. If you request someone to do something, you politely or formally ask them to do it.
Is a request a question?
GrammarPhile Blog In order to be polite, requests, suggestions, and commands are often phrased as questions. Use a period to end this kind of sentence if you expect your reader to respond by acting rather than by giving you a yes-or-no answer.
Graduated from ENSAT (national agronomic school of Toulouse) in plant sciences in 2018, I pursued a CIFRE doctorate under contract with Sun’Agri and INRAE in Avignon between 2019 and 2022. My thesis aimed to study dynamic agrivoltaic systems, in my case in arboriculture. I love to write and share science related Stuff Here on my Website. I am currently continuing at Sun’Agri as an R&D engineer.