As a verb, queue means get in line or place in line. Both these homophones are often used with upcue up meaning prepare [something] to start on cue, and queue up meaning get in line.
How do you use cue in a sentence?
Cue sentence example
- I think that’s my cue to go clean up. …
- Then, as if on cue , the phone began to ring. …
- Right on cue we gets this call to pull into a closed down rest area. …
- As if on cue , the sound of a vehicle starting broke the silence. …
- Taking a cue from him, she asked Lori if she was hungry.
Is it clue you in or cue you in?
Fig. to tell someone what is going on. (Almost the same as clue someone in (on something).) I want to know what’s going on. Cue me in.
What does cue me in mean?
v. 1. To give a signal to someone at a specified time, especially a signal to begin: The conductor cued in each section of the choir one by one. Cue me in when it’s time to say my lines.
What does clue in on Mean?
informal. : to give information to (someone) The public should be clued in to what’s happening. often + on She’ll clue you in on the latest news.
Is it in the queue or on the queue?
It is perfectly correct English. I do it every morning on the way to work. The phrase is often used for circumstances such a a queue of traffic. You are sitting in your car in a queue.
How do you use hue in a sentence?
Hue in a Sentence
- Placing the cloth over the lamp produced a blue hue in our bedroom.
- Can anyone tell me why there is a strange purple hue in the background of my pictures?
- The pale hue of the patient’s skin was a sign of anemia. …
- As I stood on the balcony, I tried to take a photo of the hue of the setting sun.
How do you use so in a sentence?
So sentence example
- I know you must be tired, so I will let you rest. …
- He spoke so well that everybody was pleased. …
- You are so eloquent. …
- I know I’m not much account; but I’m the only horse in all the Land of Oz, so they treat me with great respect.
What is the meaning of que?
Qu is also a Spanish word that means what. That is not, however, the word that many people are looking for when they look up que in our dictionary. Que is homophonous with a number of other words, most of which have wildly different spellings and meanings.
Is it cue in or clue in?
Clue: things that help you guess/solve a mystery. Cue: something that gives you an indication of something that needs to be done: music cue, cue cards.
How do you spell queue as in line?
One of the words that people are looking for when they look up que is queue, a word that means line (as in, We waited in the ticket queue.) Sometimes people are looking for the homonym cue, or a signal to start or do something (The lights just went outthat’s my cue to start the movie.).
What does in your queue mean?
queue Add to list Share. A queue is a line of things, usually people. … Queue comes from the Latin cauda, for tail. Outside the United States it means a line of people or vehicles waiting their turn, so if your English friend talks about queuing up for the movies, that means getting in line for a ticket.
What is the meaning of cue in a play?
In theatre, a cue signals when a certain line or action should begin. The word probably comes from the Latin quando, meaning when, which was sometimes used as a stage direction in actors’ scripts. Often, the word was abbreviated to Q.
What does the word cues mean as used in the text answer?
anything that excites to action; stimulus. a hint; intimation; guiding suggestion.
What are cues used for?
A cue stick (or simply cue, more specifically billiards cue, pool cue, or snooker cue) is an item of sporting equipment essential to the games of pool, snooker and carom billiards. It is used to strike a ball, usually the cue ball .
What is cue in and cue out?
Give information or instructions, for example, She said she’d cue us in on their summer plans. This verbal use of the noun cue in the sense of guiding suggestion dates from the 1920s. See also: cue.
Can you clue me in meaning?
clue in. To provide someone with important or exclusive information about something: I hoped my friend who worked for a senator would clue me in to what the government was planning to do.
What shows up on a CLUE report?
A C.L.U.E. (Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange) report provides a history of your property insurance claims for homes, rentals and vehicles. … That includes the date of loss, loss type and amount paid, along with general information such as policy number, claim number and insurance company name.
What does place in queue mean?
Queue areas are places in which people queue (first-come, first-served) for goods or services. Such a group of people is known as a queue (British usage) or line (American usage), and the people are said to be waiting or standing in a queue or in line, respectively.
Why should we stand in a queue?
Groups of people will often self-organise while waiting. People usually choose to queue because it is fair, Professor Haslam says. In fact, queues are places where people are obsessed with fairness, and where cutting in line is seen as a terrible crime that can lead to all sorts of scuffles, fights and frictions.
Is it on the line or in the line?
But when it comes down to waiting on line versus in line, the distinction is regional. According to Google Ngram, in line is used considerably more often than on line. In the 2003, the Harvard Dialect Survey reported 88 percent of respondents nationwide use in line.
How do you use hues?
Hues sentence example
- They were magnificent, powerful creatures in varying hues of gold and brown. …
- Tasting Note: Pale, light straw in color with slight greenish hues . …
- Pink diamonds are a close second to canary hues .
What is the synonym of hues?
In this page you can discover 31 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for hue, like: value, shade, tint, colors, color, cast, tinge, saturation, chromaticity, deep red and bluish.
How do you use galvanize in a sentence?
Galvanize sentence example
- His efforts to galvanize the deal were very effective. …
- He decided to talk loudly and galvanize the team into action. …
- She decided to shout at him to galvanize him to take action. …
- He understood their problem and it helped galvanize him to volunteer to help them.
How do you use as in a sentence?
As sentence example
- She’s as perfect as she can be. …
- Her face warmed as she thought of it. …
- As she left the kitchen, his voice followed her. …
- The fire snapped as it grew. …
- For a few minutes they held on to each other, kissing as if they hadn’t seen each other in a week. …
- He was very tall– as tall as a man.
How do you use in order in a sentence?
To, in order to, so as to
- Both to + infinitive and in order to + infinitive express the same meaning when expressing purpose.
- She worked hard to pass.
- She worked hard in order to pass.
- To reach him, I had to wait for five minutes on the line.
- In order to reach him, I had to wait for five minutes on the line.
Is it OK to use so in a sentence?
In fact, starting a sentence with a conjunction such as so, for, but can actually be totally acceptable. Most people don’t care, but those who do, care a whole lot. So, why do many people hate seeing it? Well, the main reason is that it can result in fragmented sentences, which impede flow and readability.
What is the meaning of in que?
When people queue, they stand in a line waiting for something. [mainly British] Synonyms: wait in line, line up, stand in a queue, form a queue More Synonyms of queue.
What is your cue?
It’s something that happens in a play that signals a particular line or action to an actor. When the actor hears her cue, she knows its time to say or do whatever follows it. In speech, people sometimes shorten this up as that’s my cue.
Is que a word in dictionary?
How is que used in real life? Que is one of the most commonly used words in Spanish, Portuguese, and French. It is a multifunctional word, signifying everything from that and which to what or whom.
Graduated from ENSAT (national agronomic school of Toulouse) in plant sciences in 2018, I pursued a CIFRE doctorate under contract with Sun’Agri and INRAE in Avignon between 2019 and 2022. My thesis aimed to study dynamic agrivoltaic systems, in my case in arboriculture. I love to write and share science related Stuff Here on my Website. I am currently continuing at Sun’Agri as an R&D engineer.