Synonyms & Antonyms of confuse
What does it mean if something is confusing?
: to make (someone) uncertain or unable to understand something. : to make (something) difficult to understand. : to mistakenly think that one person or thing is another person or thing : to mistake (one person or thing) for another.
Is it confusing or confused?
confused is an adjective that describes when someone feels unable to think clearly; or feels bewildered. For example: He was so confused that he read the instructions. confusing is an adjective that means something is bewildering or perplexing. For example: The forum was so confusing that she switched off her computer.
What is a big word for confused?
baffled, befuddled, bewildered, dazed, disorganized, distracted, muddled, perplexed, perturbed, puzzled, chaotic, messy, abashed, addled, discombobulated, disconcerted, flummoxed, flustered, gone, misled.
What does it mean to disconcert someone?
transitive verb. 1 : to throw into confusion disconcerting their plans. 2 : to disturb the composure of were disconcerted by his tone of voice.
What is a confusing person?
Being unable to think with clarity or act with understanding and intelligence. The definition of confused is a person who cannot think clearly, or is something that is jumbled or without order. …
What is the opposite of being confused?
What is the opposite of confused?
How do you use Confused?
Confused sentence example
- For a moment he looked confused , and then turned away. …
- Sarah seemed confused as well. …
- He became confused in his speech and stopped in the middle of what he was saying. …
- Darcie looked confused as she smiled graciously. …
- We were just two confused playmates. …
- His words confused her.
How do you use confusing in a sentence?
Confusing sentence example
- The words sounded confusing , even to her. …
- Catharsis can be a confusing emotional experience for some people. …
- You are only confusing the whole question. …
- Nor was he anxious to maintain the connexion between philosophy and medicine which had for long existed in a confused and confusing fashion.’
What is the meaning of I’m confused?
unable to understand something or think clearly about it. She was starting to feel a bit confused. confused about: I’m still a little confused about what happened.
What to do when he is confused?
What to do when a guy is confused about his feelings?
- Openly talk to him. It’s a good idea to let the guy know about your feelings. …
- Give him time and space. Try not to make him feel like he has to decide right away. …
- Reassure him. Let him know that you understand that he isn’t ready yet.
What is a word for scared and confused?
2 afraid, timid, timorous, apprehensive, uneasy, distrustful; solicitous, anxious, concerned, worried.
Is being confused an emotion?
The family of knowledge emotions has four main members: surprise, interest, confusion, and awe. These are considered knowledge emotions for two reasons.
Is confusion a feeling?
Confusion is a symptom that makes you feel as if you can’t think clearly. You might feel disoriented and have a hard time focusing or making decisions. Confusion is also referred to as disorientation.
Is disconcerting a bad word?
Disconcerning is actually not a wordat least not a correct one. … If the non-word has crept into your vocabulary, below are words you may intend: Disconcerting may mean embarrassing, confusing, frustrating (as in upsetting), or disturbing the composure of depending on the context.
What unsettled means?
: not settled: such as. a(1) : not calm or tranquil : disturbed unsettled political conditions. (2) : likely to vary widely especially in the near future : variable unsettled weather.
What does it mean to be non plussed?
1 : unsure about what to say, think, or do : perplexed She was nonplussed, but quickly collected herself, explained that the plumbing had been acting up for days, and told them to pay it no mind.
How do you deal with confusing people?
How to Deal with Confusing People: 11 Ways to Navigate the…
- 1 Stay calm.
- 2 Avoid making assumptions.
- 3 Ask for clarification.
- 4 Listen carefully to what they’re saying.
- 5 Pay attention to their body language.
- 6 Look for patterns that might explain their behavior.
- 7 Try to put yourself in their shoes.
What causes confusion?
Confusion may be associated with serious infections, some chronic medical conditions, head injury, brain or spinal cord tumor, delirium, stroke, or dementia. It can be caused by alcohol or drug intoxication, sleep disorders, chemical or electrolyte imbalances, vitamin deficiencies, or medications.
How do we confuse humans?
11 Awesome Mind Tricks You Can Use To Confuse People
- When high-fiving look at the opposite person’s elbow, that way you would never miss. …
- If you want to make someone believe a false story, repeat it three times separately. …
- When you’re arguing with someone, try being calmer than them.
What’s the word for when you can’t understand someone?
unintelligible speech Synonyms: incomprehensible, uncomprehensible. difficult to understand.
What is a mystify?
1 : to perplex the mind of : bewilder. 2 : to make mysterious or obscure mystify an interpretation of a prophecy. Other Words from mystify Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About mystify.
What is confused and example?
1. The definition of confused is a person who cannot think clearly, or is something that is jumbled or without order. If you are sitting in a math class and don’t understand math at all, this is an example of when you would be described as confused.
What is the preposition of confused?
More often, the choice of which preposition to use is idiomatic. That is, speakers use a particular preposition with a certain word because its use has been established by custom. From time to time, the established preposition is replaced by another.
How do you use confusion in English?
Examples of confusion in a Sentence There is still some confusion as to the time of the meeting. There is a great deal of confusion about how the system works. the anxieties and confusions of teenage life He stared in confusion and disbelief. There was total confusion when the truck hit the restaurant.
What sorts of things do you find confusing?
17 Commonly Confused Things and How They’re Actually Different
- Shrimp vs. Prawn. iStock. …
- Great Britain vs. the United Kingdom. iStock. …
- Alligator vs. Crocodile. iStock. …
- Jam vs. Jelly. iStock. …
- Mule vs. Donkey. iStock. …
- Venomous vs. Poisonous. iStock. …
- Concrete vs. Cement. iStock. …
- Stuffing vs. Dressing. iStock.
What is the verb of confusing?
verb (used with object), confused, confusing. to perplex or bewilder: The flood of questions confused me. to make unclear or indistinct: The rumors and angry charges tended to confuse the issue. to fail to distinguish between; associate by mistake; confound: to confuse dates; He always confuses the twins.
Graduated from ENSAT (national agronomic school of Toulouse) in plant sciences in 2018, I pursued a CIFRE doctorate under contract with Sun’Agri and INRAE in Avignon between 2019 and 2022. My thesis aimed to study dynamic agrivoltaic systems, in my case in arboriculture. I love to write and share science related Stuff Here on my Website. I am currently continuing at Sun’Agri as an R&D engineer.