make better, better, ameliorate, upgrade, refine, enhance, boost, build on, help, raise, revamp, brush up, polish up, perk up, tweak. informal give a facelift to. rare meliorate. worsen, impair. What are examples of improve?
The definition of improve is to make something or someone better, or to become better. An example of improve is when you make a new product that is better than the old one. An example of improve is when you practice piano until you learn to play better.
What is an example of impropriety?
The definition of an impropriety is an improper behavior. An example of an impropriety is a woman wearing a wedding dress to someone else’s wedding. What is the verb of improve?
Full Definition of improve transitive verb. 1a : to enhance in value or quality : make better. b : to increase the value of (land or property) by making it more useful for humans (as by cultivation or the erection of buildings) c : to grade and drain (a road) and apply surfacing material other than pavement.
What is a word for wanting to improve?
3 Answers. You could say you have an aspiration for self-improvement. A strong desire for high achievement. How do you use the word improve?
1) Improve your time and your time will improve you. 2) The advertisements are intended to improve the company’s image. 3) The government aims to improve public services, especially education.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
How can I use improvement?
How to Use Improve with Example Sentences
- Used with adverbs: His health improved dramatically over the weekend. (dramatically, considerably, significantly, greatly, tremendously, remarkably, noticeably) …
- Used with verbs: The weather should continue to improve tonight. …
- Used with nouns: His condition improved.
What is the best definition of improvement?
: the act of improving something : the act or process of making something better. : the quality of being better than before. : an addition or change that makes something better or more valuable.
When to use improve or improving?
- verb. If something improves or if you improve it, it gets better. Both the texture and condition of your hair should improve. [ …
- verb. If a skill you have improves or you improve a skill, you get better at it. …
- verb. If you improve after an illness or an injury, your health gets better or you get stronger.
How can improve?
10 Ways You Can Improve Your Work Performance Today:
- Set clear milestones.
- Plan and prioritize.
- Plan your meetings well.
- Communicate better.
- Conquer difficult tasks first.
- Don’t lose focus (eliminate interruptions)
- Acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses.
- Be aware of your limitations.
What type of noun is improve?
What is professional impropriety?
adj. 1 of, relating to, suitable for, or engaged in as a profession. 2 engaging in an activity for gain or as a means of livelihood. 3 extremely competent in a job, etc.
What is articulo mortis?
Latin: at the moment of death.
What is voir dire?
to speak the truth French for to speak the truth. The process through which potential jurors from the venire are questioned by either the judge or a lawyer to determine their suitability for jury service. Also the preliminary questioning of witnesses (especially experts) to determine their competence to testify.
What is the adjective form of improve?
Word family (noun) improvement (adjective) improved (verb) improve.
What is the adverb of improve?
improvably. So as to permit improvement.
What improving means?
to make or become better in quality; ameliorate. (tr) to make (buildings, land, etc) more valuable by additions or betterment. (intr; usually foll by on or upon) to achieve a better standard or quality in comparison (with)to improve on last year’s crop.
What’s the opposite word of improvement?
worsen The opposite of improve is worsen or deteriorate.
What is the synonym of craze?
Some common synonyms of craze are fad, fashion, mode, rage, style, and vogue.
How do you use improve in a sentence?
- [S] [T] I made efforts to improve my grades. ( …
- [S] [T] The sunshine improved his complexion. ( …
- [S] [T] I’d like to improve my English skills. ( …
- [S] [T] I’m interested in improving my German. ( …
- [S] [T] My grades have improved significantly. ( …
- [S] [T] This plan can hardly be improved upon. (
What is the meaning of build on?
(build on/upon something) to do something in addition to what you have already achieved. We need to build on the ideas we have had so far. Synonyms and related words. To make progress, or to achieve something.
How do you use increase in a sentence?
Increase sentence example
- That would increase the value of the house. …
- Having her there would certainly increase his enjoyment. …
- Howard had to pull out of the driveway slowly and gradually increase his speed. …
- This increase in utility is the same as generating wealth.
What is the root word of improvement?
The adjective improving comes from the verb improve, make or become better. The root of both words lies in the Anglo-French word emprower, to turn to profit, from the Latin prodest, is of advantage.
What is improvement in parts of speech?
British Dictionary definitions for improvement improvement. / (ɪmˈpruːvmənt) / noun. the act of improving or the state of being improved.
Is Improval a word?
Improval has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
What is the meaning of need improvement?
More Definitions of Needs Improvement Needs Improvement means that the human resources, information systems and other resources do not meet HPSJ’s expectations or program requirements but can be rectified with specifically identifiable and reasonable interventions.
What does much improved mean?
adjective. having become better in quality. much/slightly improved. This room looks much improved after painting.
Why is improvement necessary?
A continuous improvement culture has been shown to boost employee engagement and reduce turnover rates. Employees who actively participate in the betterment of the company gain a sense of pride and accomplishment. This leads to a greater sense of belonging and fewer reasons to leave the organization.
Graduated from ENSAT (national agronomic school of Toulouse) in plant sciences in 2018, I pursued a CIFRE doctorate under contract with Sun’Agri and INRAE in Avignon between 2019 and 2022. My thesis aimed to study dynamic agrivoltaic systems, in my case in arboriculture. I love to write and share science related Stuff Here on my Website. I am currently continuing at Sun’Agri as an R&D engineer.